Saturday Morning Workout

Leave a Comment
The weekend is finally here, after what feels like such a lonnnng week. I tell you I couldn't wait for it to be over! It's a Bank Holiday weekend here in the UK so we get a long weekend too.
So this morning I started my weekend exactly how I mean to go on, usually for me I get a bit carried away with 'treating' myself and binge binge binge. Well not this weekend! I'm determined to maintain my healthy eating so I can reach my goals. Yes it's good to treat yourself but I do go overboard most weekends which always effects my energy levels at the beginning of the week. So today I got up and headed straight for the gym! It felt so good to be in there so early and it was so quiet so I had some space to workout in! So I thought I'd share with you my workout today!

My workout consisted of:
20 Mins Cardio/ 1 Minute sprint, 1 Minute rest/ Cross trainer.
I usually aim for no less than 20 minutes of cardio every session. It's something I like to do and not many people like it so they choose not too, but I have a love hate relationship with it. Today I stuck on the cross trainer and did sprints every other minute. So 1 minute sprint, 1 minute rest. I have the effort level set to between 8-12 depending on how much I feel I can do that day. 


HiiT Circuit/ 20 minutes
I love love love my circuits. Anyone that comes to the gym with me will know my full love of them. I love coming up with different circuits every session and it stops me from getting bored! Today my circuit consisted of:
1. Burpees with mountain climbers x 45secs
Rest 15 secs
2. Kettle Bell Swings x 45secs
Rest 15 secs
3. Leg Raises x 45secs
Rest 15 secs
4. Plank x 45secs
Rest 15 secs
5. Sit ups with weighted ball x45 secs
I repeated this circuit x 3 times. 

Legs/Squats/Lunges
I then popped down to the weights area and focused on training my legs using the leg press, squats, kick backs and lunges. I did:
1. Leg Press 59kg x 15 reps
2. Weighted Squats 22kg x 20 reps
3. Kick Backs (with weight) 7-10kg x 15 reps
4. Goblet Squats (with weight 10kg) x 15-20 reps
5. Weighted Lunges (held to 10kg weights) x 15 reps 
I repeated this x 3 times.

Cool Down/Stretch.

*TOP TIP* To help with my circuits I use the 'Tabata Timer' App! It's amazing so download, download, download! Available on Android/Apple. 

I finished this workout with the ultimate dish! I made an onion, mushroom, pepper, spinach, broccoli omelette with some asparagus on the side. It was delicious, and can I just add they were fresh eggs straight my garden too. Love having the chickens! 


So that's how I've spent my Saturday morning, What are your plans for the weekend?

Georgie
xoxo
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig