Amsterdam City Love

1 comment
Wow. What an incredible few days I spent in Amsterdam. What a beautiful city that I have well and truly fallen in love with. Last Saturday I went to Amsterdam until Wednesday and it was one of my favourite places I have ever visited. Myself and my friend experienced so much in the short time we were there and I certainly did not want to leave come Wednesday. There are so many places to see and things to do that I don't think we could walk anymore if we tried! 


I ate some incredible food. During the second day we managed to find a cute little restaurant that was all natural produce. My friend is a vegetarian and suffers from eating gluten so we managed to find this restaurant called The Greenhouse Kitchen and the food was incredible. Pretty much all of the food on the menu was gluten free and it was soooo tasty. One of my favourite places. Then of course there was Omlegges! The famous omelette restaurant/cafe. We visited there for breakfast on the last morning and it was incredible. The range of omelettes were overwhelming and they tasted AMAZING. I gorged on so much food that I feel like a blown up whale now, but it was truly worth it. 


We visited the famous red light and that was such a crazy experience, from that we ventured into a sex show and even saw a peep show! The culture is something everyone needs to experience. Although it may not be everyones cup of tea but it's truly a magnificent place. It's interesting and we were lucky to have got to experienced the red light fully on a busy Saturday night. 


We managed to get into see the famous Anne Frank house which was also a magnificent experience. It's such a surreal feeling walking and looking at the place knowing how extremely terrified Anne and her family must have been during that time. We can walk around so freely now and knowing that Anne never got to experience that herself does put a lot of things into perspective. It is definitely a place worth visiting if you ever get the chance. We also visited the Van Gogh and the Rijksmuseum.

We hired some pedalos and went down the Canal, nearly got taken out by a boat as it tried to turn the corner we were going down. Core…did my legs ache after that..such a good form of fun exercise there! We obviously took a visit into the coffeeshops as you must do! Went to see the famous I Amsterdam sign and even went to the flee market. 

We walked around and saw so much beautiful sneery that I just had to share with you! Amsterdam is 100% a place to visit and should all be on everyone's bucket list.. this little adventure has got me craving more city breaks this year. So fingers crossed I visit a few more before 2016 ends..

































I hope you enjoyed browsing my photos of Amsterdam. Stay tuned for my next post where I'll share with you my healthy hangover cures! 

Enjoy the weekend!


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment

  1. Awww Georgie I love this post! It looks like you had such a good time!!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig