Sweet Potato Rosti

Leave a Comment

This morning I woke up and I all wanted was a fry up. Sometimes you can't beat a bit of eggs and bacon! So I was gazing into my cupboard as I quite often do and saw my stash of sweet potato and my housemate suggested I make some Sweet Potato Rosti! So I did, and what a great and delicious idea it was. In fact it was so good that I thought I'd share it with you today. It's so simple and tasty! This could be such a simple breakfast idea or even just as a simple side dish to your meals.

Serves 2

What you will need:
Sweet Potato x 1-2 medium size
1 Onion
Sea Salt/Pepper (to season)
Coconut Oil

How to make it:
1. Grate the sweet potatoes. I left the skin on and used a normal cheese grater to grate them, but you can dump them in a food processor if you have one. Once you have done this place the sweet potato on a (clean) tea towel and squeeze out excess juices. Leave to rest for as long as you can. Whilst you wait chop the onion.
2.  Cook the onion on a medium heat until soft. Drain of the onion to remove any excess juices and mix with the grated sweet potato.
3. Divide the mixture into equal portions and heat the coconut oil (I put about a teaspoon size amount) in the pan. Then place the sweet potato portions in the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes or until they are nicely browned. (If you have some fried egg moulds then you can use these to shape the sweet potato if you wish too.) Carefully flip them and cook for a further 5-8minutes.


4. Serve and enjoy. I served these with some fried eggs (straight from the garden) but you can enjoy this with scrambled egg, poached, whatever you fancy!

p.s if the rosti's fall apart like mine did it's no biggie! They still tasted deeeeeeelicious! 

This is such an easy recipe if you have some left over ingredients or the cupboards looking a bit sparse! So go on give it ago and let me know how you get on!

 Enjoy the rest of your weekend,
Georgie
xoxo

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig